The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade unions has called for a Day of Action on Tuesday 8 November.
On this day, Protest marches will take place from 12.00pm to 2.00pm countrywide.
In Bulawayo, Gweru, Masvingo, Harare and Mutare, the ZCTU leadership will lead the protests and hand in Petitions to the Ministry of Labour Offices.
The Protest Marches are being called to protest over the worsening levels of poverty in Zimbabwe whilst bosses, managers and investors continue to live their obscene lifestyles in Borrowdale, Highlands, Chisipite and others.
The ZCTU demands are:
* An immediate raise in the minimum wage. The current Poverty line is $ 10 million
* A reduction in PAYE to a maximum of 30%
* A reduction in VAT
* Provision of affordable anti-retrovirals (ARVs)
Other demands to raise are:
* Allow the building of cabins to ease the housing crisis
* Allow markets for Traders
* Compensation for victims of Murambatsvina
* A People Driven Democratic Constitution
* Student Grants Not Loans
* Infrastructure for A1 Farmers
* Water and Electricity supplies, Garbage Collection, functioning Sewerage system
* Food, Jobs, Affordable medical Drugs, Affordable Education
Contact your local ZCTU office to get the details of the march in your area.
QINA MSEBENZI QINA!!
SHINGA MUSHANGA SHINGA!!