Friday, September 30, 2005

Your Suggestions Please!

Comrades,

Below are the suggested themes for the Southern Africa Social Forum from the Zimbabwe Youth Camp. Please forward any other suggestions to: zimsocialforum@zimcodd.co.zw and isozim2004@yahoo.com

13-15 OCTOBER 2005 - HARARE GARDENS, ZIMBABWE

PROPOSED THEMES

*Labour
The fight for a living wage
Unemployment
Health and Safety at the workplace

*HIV/AIDS
Protection
Access to treatment
Nutritional Support
Destigmatisation

*Arts and Culture
Arts and Culture in the Struggle for freedom

*Education
The right to free quality public education
Struggles against privatization
Education for liberation

*Alternatives
Anti-Capitalist theory and practice
Towards a regional solidarity network
The search for people centered alternatives to capitalism
Resistance to neo-liberalism in Latin America: An inside look at the radical social movements

*Gender
The struggle against sexism

*Social Services
Neo-liberalism, privatization and community resistance in the region
Operation Murambatsvina / Drive out the Trash

Smash Poverty! Smash Capitalism! Build Democracy! – Another World Is Possible

4 comments:

Linda Johnson said...

Web log of our reporter
The smoke trail outside the Black Hawk helicopter's window was an unwelcome sight.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

Get-A-Free-House said...

How would you like to own a custom-built house at a 42% to 100% discount? Find out how today by visiting Get-A-Free-House.com

jeffT said...

Hey!! Very good information here :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my car. It is my prize posession. Took me 3 hours though. So I settled down into my office and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my associates degree and have spent the last 6 months researching disaster recovery planning long island. In the middle of my browsing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am invading but I must say it is great blog. Even though your blog is way off base from disaster recovery planning long island I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote down your url and feel free to visit me here at disaster recovery planning long island. I am so busy so I can only update my site weekly. Keep up the awesome work.

Joshuathomas said...

Got a response before I could finish my sandwich. Apply online for credit cards here and get approved very fast, just like me.